Monday 3 December 2007

Creatvity not Cleanliness is next to Godliness




Its not cleanliness that's next to Godliness - surely its creativity.

God is a creator God who finds deep joy in his creation, creation that bears his image and some of his capacity.

So when we create and touch the creative we find echo's of deep resonance in our souls because it speaks of what we are and what we are capable of.

When we see the creation of art and the art of creation we see something of God, something is revealed that helps us understand him and therefore ourselves.

Art eh?

I am not saying its all good, either morally or aesthetically but i love it and I think my faith in the God of the Chriatian story explains that and calls me to explore it.

I would love Engage to engage with art as well as culture.

So anyway all this is a long way round to saying ...

Anyone fancy going to see this band.

They are on at The Plug in Sheffield 13th Dec, their songs are inspired by faith and sometimes it makes me think/feel bigger and smaller which is a good thing because, to bastardize a Blur album, 'modern life is numbing'

Maybe see you there.


http://www.theguildmusic.com/home.html

What other art should Engage engage with or am i on my own with this one...again? :)

DS

No comments: